Tuesday, October 09, 2007

New (training) season started
After Finlandia (half)marathon I took it easy with training for 2 weeks and enjoyed the student life by going out almost every second day.
However, now the first week of the new training season is already over and I completed some promising workouts (a flat 10K in just under 35mins and a lot of good-feeling mileage). On last Sunday I went to Helsinki to run the "tunnelijuoksu": A strange 5 km-race in Finlands longest street tunnel. The course was quite challenging, because the first kilometer declined around 30meters which meant that I was running 25meters under sea level! The second kilometer climbed back to sea level and after 2,5km there was the turning point. So on the way back the same amount of altitude difference. My performance (8th place in 15:52) was ok, considering the facts that 5K is a sprint for me and most of the best Finnish runners + some Kenyans were running for the price money.

Another reason why I will never forget this week is the birth of my nephew. Yes, I'm an uncle now! Unfortunately I will have to wait until Christmas holidays until I can see the little man.

1 comment:

Skylark said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zur Geburt an Lars und Katja! Und natürlich Glückwunsche auch an stolzen Onkel und die Grosseltern. Wann fliegst du nach Deutschland im Dezember? Ich fliege nach Finnland am 19.12. und der Rückflug ist am 30. Dezember. Können wir uns in Jyväskylä treffen?