Sunday, November 25, 2007

Life is all about up's and down's
The thing is how you can cope with it!

Not only the weather was up and down, but also my mood and running shape. Wednesday morning in the pool for doing some alternative training and on Thursday morning a horrible run in the forest. Because of the warm weather last week I was only slipping around on my morning run on Thu. morning. I guess that was the reason why I had some problems in the left foot. On Friday morning only 6km easy because of pain in the foot and in the evening 90mins on the stationary bike. Saturday I was able to run again, but still I was running/jogging very easy in the morning and had to replace the scheduled intervals with easy running for the evening. Sundays long run with the guys was ok, but I could still feel the foot a bit. Altogether the week was far away from perfect in terms of training but I hope the next week will see some more mileage again (this week under 130km). I hope that also the weather supports me - today we got a lot of snow again and I hope to run on a thin snow layer next week - I have enough of ice and snow slush! If everything is going well I'm going to introduce a second fast session on Thursday (1st one should be on Monday) - we'll see if the foot is ok.

In study life I had a presentation in Finnish on Wednesday - man, I was excited about this one. Anyway, I survived and moreover gathered some motivation to call my subjects to inform them about a research meeting all by myself (in Finnish of course, because they are over 60). Now it's time to prepare the feedbacks for them because the meeting is already next Tuesday. So there is some work to do...

Finally, on Saturday I had a nice time and some good company - the best company I can think of

2 comments:

Miika Takala said...

jep jep Erik. Good balance!

Minttu said...

Hey Erik,
You are totally right in the first sentences what you hae just mentioned...:)
It's a shmae to hear that you have some foot problems. I hope it will get better soon!
I have 20hrs week behind and feeling quite tired because of this intensive course...not enough sleep:(
MRI will be taken from my right knee next week.