Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008
The last competition for me in 2007 was the 27.Bietigheimer Silvesterlauf. With it's 3.725 finishers it's one of the biggest silvester-runs in Germany. And the atmosphere is just amazing! Over 20.000 people along the 11,2 km track making a lot of noise and motivating all the runners.
I was satisfied with my race and somehow it was representative for this year: I made a step into the right direction but there is still a lot of work to do until the top is reached.
For the first two kilometres the speed was really calm and I found myself running at the end of the leading group - along with all the German Champions and those guys with international experience. However, the quite hilly course took its toll and at the end I was 2 1/2 minutes behind the winner in 15th place (35:37 min). Still I reached my aim of getting into the TOP 20. It was a great experience to run in front of this crowd and with all the strong opponents.

start of the race: "mass movement" indeed

me (bib. 26) in the chase group - approx. 6km into the race

home stretch: soon the pain will be released

also Kimmo was there and finished in strong 39th place

On new years day: getting the year started with an easy run with my brother and sister-in-law

2 comments:

Minttu said...

congrats on doing really well on your competition. I got home couple days ago and still jetlagged. i'll see you soon

Ritu said...

Minna, my friend Nicole and I skied for 2 hours today, so no worries, I think you will manage to find some snow as well!
I am not missing M-building...hehe, but am getting used to living on the other side of town! Safe travels, see you!