Sunday, May 25, 2008

Kettuhölkkä: 1st place in 45:28 (~13,3K)
On Saturday I had the first running competition in Finland following my marathon debut 3 weeks ago in Mainz. It was a rather small, local competition with only a handful of competitors, so it was not the biggest challenge to win the competition but rather to get a good workout. I ran the ~13,3km (it was supposed to be 14km but the last 2km would have been in an impressive 4:23min) all on my own and could set my own pace all the way. The kilometer splits were between 3:20 and 3:33 minutes if the kilometer signs were right and the final time 45:28. Team mate and driver Kimmo aka. skylark took second place and secured the double of the Vaajakosken Kuohu runners.
Today was "long" run (~20K) with Kimmo and Timo in the morning plus a short evening run (6K). The Sauna afterwards was great and I can feel that Sauna improves my recovery a lot.

No comments: