Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reset finished
After 2-3 weeks of recovery and having a relaxed down-time to recharge the batteries I am feeling fresh again now. I hope the mental and physical reset helped me in preparation for the autumn marathon, even though I had to change my plans about running a track season. Now I will run only a few races on track and try to build the basics and some speed.
Monday I had the 3rd track session of this summer season and it was great to run in a group of 5 guys - just hanging on makes it way more easier than running alone. The program was pretty short (4x600m in 1:44/1:43/1:42/1:43 and 3x300m in 48/49/49) but rather fast. In fact raw speed for me. :)
Also midsummer is over now and the days are finally getting shorter again - I guess the long daylight times were one reason for my tiredness. Otherwise the weather is quite ok - not a real summer though: almost every day some rain and temperatures between 12 and 18°C. I don't complain because I don't like the heat and the Finnish weather is perfect for running.

No comments: