Monday, November 12, 2007

A new cycle
is just about to start of. After I survived the last two weeks of excessive testing I am lucky that I can now adjust my normal life/studies/work to running and not the other way round. I started this new period with a really recovering weekend. I can't remember the last time when I had such a quite weekend - I slept around 10hours per day! Now I feel fresh again, especially mentally. The next weeks I am trying to increase the pace of the normal and the recovery runs. So just go a bit over the comfort zone and push your body to go faster. When I know I have a recovery afterwards, instead of a long day in the lab, it should be much easier to force your legs to move faster.
Today I just felt this effect in the first fast session after around 10 days of easy running only: 3x3km indoor. I ran 9:44/9:50/9:39 and was really surprised how easy the pace felt. I thought it would be a real struggle to run 10mins after not running fast for such a long time. but the legs and the mind was free.

Since I don't have too many measurements the following weeks (except for some days when I have to make strength tests from noon to evening) I want to concentrate on improving my finnish skills. Perkele, I missed so many lectures during my measurements and now I can hardly keep up the pace.

3 comments:

Miika Takala said...

Onnea Suomen opiskeluun! I hope to have some long runs together in future as I plan to make my "comeback".

Anonymous said...

Go Erik!!!

Minttu said...

someone is little machine...:)
hey...i'mstill intrested in doing that heart rate variability thing... can I?