Thursday, January 17, 2008

Searching for the flow.
The first days back here in Finland are history now and I’m feeling really happy to be back. If the weather would be better and if I would be in a better shape it would be perfect.
The road conditions are indeed horrible and last days it was extremely dangerous to run outside because of lot of ice and snow-mud due to high temperature (around freezing point). On Monday and Tuesday I did some medium-fast kilometers, whereas I had to go indoors (treadmill and 200m indoor track) because I was afraid of breaking my legs on the slippery roads. Anyway, I felt horrible during the workouts and legs were feeling extremely tired even though the speed was far slower than at the end of last year. I guess to some degree it’s the flu I had in the beginning of 2008 but it might also be that I took it a bit too easy during christmas holiday :(

Also normal life goes on and there are a lot of news everyday concerning working, studying and university. Yesterday was one of those normal "crazy" days and I only realised that I was on my legs for 12hours when I rode my bike back from school. After getting up at 7.30 I had lecture until 10 and immediately afterwards went for a run and some sprints. Then lunch and at 13.00 Student Union meeting, followed by some lab-work and discussion with profs. Finally at 18.00 the second run with some gym afterwards. Then to Sauna and back home - puuuuh. During the preparation for the new season I'm not planning on having too much of those days, because I know I need a lot of rest to stay injury-free and to maintain a good quality in training.

No comments: