Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday workout
consisted of 5x800m (300m recovery) today. Well, it was the first fast track session of 2008 so the times ~2:25 mins felt amazing fast and I had to push hard to keep the pace. Also HR was really high (maximum of 190 for the last run) and I hope I will run the same times with less effort in the upcoming weeks. Nothing comes easy - even if it's your birthday :)
Last week was satisfying in terms of mileage (around 165K) but there were only few medium-fast kilometers included. Sunday also saw the first long run of the new year (2h05). That should be a good base and I can already feel that the legs are getting smoother and more relaxed as I am running 4min/km-pace. I try to increase the pace of the "normal" runs throughout the next weeks so that I'm coming as close as possible to this 4minute pace. That should be possible especially when running on the flat.
The weather turns to winter again now (it seems) and I had a nice, snowy, white birthday.

Thanks everyone who remembered my b'day.

No comments: